Wednesday 5 May 2010

Craft Projects and Freebies

 I started knitting blocks to make a blanket two or three years ago, I have gradually made more over that time. This weekend I thought I would see how it is coming along. There were enough blocks to make a small, but useful blanket so I have sewn them all together. 

I think I might need to add a few more blocks so you can wrap yourself up in it and I have started some edging which will take a while to finish. I am  pleased with how it looks, especially the panel down the middle with hearts and mine and my husbands initials.

I have started making the cushion for my craft room chair. I have a piece of foam cut to the right shape and size. I decided to use the Amy Butler charm pack that I got for Christmas for the cover. After laying the fabric out in different combinations I decided to use all the pink squares. I have sewn them together, now I need to get some fabric to make the bottom of the cushion cover. I think I will go for bright pink. My chair is an old pine dining chair and I am going to paint it either white or bright pink.

With the latest edition of Ideal Home magazine I received a sheet of card printed with lovely patterns to cut up and make into bunting, I had a piece of ribbon that was the right length so I decided I might as well make it. The finished bunting hangs nicely at the top of my craft room curtains.

I have had another good freebie this week, Easy Living magazine came with a Cath Kidston shopping bag, a copy of the Cath Kidston magazine and 15% Cath Kidston. I only subscribe to this magazine because I had an offer of 12 issues for £12 last time they had free Cath Kidston things with the magazine. The freebies I have had during the 12 issues have made it well worth getting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment